Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cinderella's Little Secret


Cinderella’s Little Secret
I look through the crack from the wooden floor
Up at my sister, blonde hair and all
Her lips moving but I’m not comprehending
It’s hard to believe
This girl I have lived with, even in the womb
Has left me to parish, die alone with nothing but these wounds
These wounds of betrayal, these wounds of sisterly slaughter
But I know the truth
The truth of that monster
That’s not her slipper
She knows nothing about the prince or that magical night when we almost shared our first kiss
That dream got crush though
Smashed into little glass pieces and drifted away by the wind
Now that wind mocks me, her laugh rings in my ears
I scream
GET AWAY GET AWAY
No one hears my pleads
No one see’s my tears
With weakness in my eyes I look back up at the film of my faith
I run into his arms with a smile on my face
His arms go around me holding me tight
He whisper’s in my ear
I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment